The Autistics Association of Greater Washington meets monthly at the Teaism at Penn Quarter restaurant in downtown Washington, DC.
Our meetings run from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The first part of our meeting, which runs from 7 p.m. to about 7:45 p.m., is informal, and consists of socializing and eating our meals. (Yes, even autistics can socialize!)
The second, formal, part of our meeting runs from about 7:45 p.m. to 9 p.m., which is when the restaurant closes. During the formal part of the meeting, we discuss a topic relevant to autistics. Past topics have included (among other things) stress, physical exercise, procrastination, executive functioning, memory improvement, and social anxiety.
Our meeting schedule (below) is subject to change:
- Saturday, January 25, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, February 22, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 14, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 23, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 27, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 25, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 22, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, September 26, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, October 24, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, November 14, 2020, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, December 12, 2020, 7 p.m.
The restaurant Teaism at Penn Quarter is located at the northwest corner of 8th & D Streets, NW. We meet on the carpeted portion of the lower level.
Teaism at Penn Quarter
400 8th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20004
Teaism at Penn Quarter is near the Archives/Navy Memorial/Penn Quarter Metro stop, on the Green and Yellow Lines.
The Metrorail station exit is on the East side of the Navy Memorial. As you exit the Metro, turn right and proceed around the Navy Memorial circle to the gap between twin large buildings. Proceed between the buildings and head to the street crossing on the left side. Cross D Street and you will be at Teaism.
There is a parking garage on 8th Street. There is also metered street parking.